I am pleased to tell you that in advance of the local council elections on May 6, we have now received commitments to the Camberwell Baths Manifesto from the Leaders of all of the three political parties, the Conservatives (Cllr Lewis Robinson) the Lib Dems (Cllr Nick Stanton) , and Labour (Cllr Peter John).
I have included the 5 point manifesto below. As you can see it is modest in its ambitions, but it includes a number of critical items which will improve the access of the Baths' facilities to all members of the community.
Camberwell Baths Manifesto
- We will commit to the complete refurbishment of the public realm in Artichoke Place
- We will commit to the complete refurbishment of the public realm in Harvey Road
- We will commit to the complete refurbishment of the Youth Entrance ( entrance in Harvey Road)
- We will commit to the implementation of good quality signage to Camberwell Baths from a variety of major areas, including King's College Hospital and the Institute of Psychiatry
- We will commit to putting pressure in the PCTs to implement initiatives for utilizing Camberwell Leisure Centre
Development work at the Baths is going well, and they are still on schedule to open in October 2010.