Wednesday 10 March 2010

Update on Building Progress

The contract commenced November 2009
• Development progressing well, despite recent poor weather conditions
  • Opening due in October 2010
Current Work:
• Phase 1 – wet side development (the pool and new changing rooms)
• Phase 2 – youth facilities
Management and Operations
Additional funds secured, which include:
• Southwark Council Leisure Investment Fund
• Cleaner Greener Safer (£52K)
• London Marathon Charitable Trust (£100K )

New funds will contribute to phase 3 - improving the outside area (Artichoke Place), and upgrade of Dry side facilities

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there, I have been following closely the work on the Camberwell Leisure Centre; I live really close and its been a tremendous resource for me and my family. Whilst the work is being carried out I'm making use of the Pulse in Peckham and as many of the staff there were formerly at Camberwell I often ask about what news there is. Yesterday, 24th April one of the assistants told me that it was likely to be another year before the centre re opened! If this is the case I will be very disappointed. The website for the centre shows no other message other than that the centre is due to open in the Summer of this year. If you have any further information I would be most grateful.